Woodland Hills Warner Center Neighborhood Council Public Safety Survey RESULTS
April 7, 2017
Thanks to the hard work of the Public Safety Committee of the Woodland Hills Warner Center Neighborhood Council we have an idea of what public safety concerns Woodland Hills residents and stakeholders are thinking about.
My take of the survey results:
– Most people understand that after a big disaster they will need to take care of themselves yet they are only somewhat prepared.
– Transportation is the #1 concern for most people.
– LAFD response satisfaction received “very satisfied” rating. Great job LAFD!
Of the 558 Responses other findings included:
1) 62% of the respondents were not aware of the city’s various emergency preparedness programs – more awareness needed!
2) When we asked how prepared they felt for various possible emergency events, most people answered between “Somewhat” and “Not Much”.
3) When we asked if they would be likely to participate in a public safety forum/street fair in our area, almost 80% said “yes”.
4) About 45% said they would be interested in participating in Disaster Preparedness groups.
VIEW SURVEY RESULTS HERE